A CEO asked me a simple, yet brutally pointed question: Why aren’t my salespeople closing more business?
(Oh, boy. How the hell do I answer that one?) It would have been easy for me to fire back with any of the following:
- Why you get the specific results that you get?
- What is your current sales strategy?
- Is your sales leadership/management team aligned on sales strategy?
- Is the current sales force capable of executing your new strategies?
- How effective has your sales management team been at coaching and driving accountability?
- What is the quality of your pipeline?
- Do you have the right salespeople in the right roles and, if not, what are the best roles for them?
- Do you have the right number of salespeople?
- Which of the B, C, and D players can step up and become A’s and B’s? Who should be let go?
- Is your current compensation…
View original post 489 more words